At Bowen Legacy Dental, we’re celebrating March 6th, National Dentist’s Day! This holiday was established as a way to show appreciation for everything that dentists do. And, at our practice, we’re celebrating the ways that dental care impacts your whole-body health! Follow these tips from Dr. Bowen and Dr. Gehlert to pay tribute to dentistry and take better care of your wellness:
- Improve your oral hygiene routine. Your oral health needs to be a priority. Dr. Bowen and Dr. Gehlert love to see that you’re taking good care of your teeth. After all, your oral health is connected to your overall wellness, impacting your cardiovascular health, the longevity of your life, and even your brain function. If your dental floss is gathering dust in the bathroom cabinet, today is the day to make a change! It’s never too late to begin practicing healthy smile habits.
- Be honest with Dr. Bowen and Dr. Gehlert. When it comes to a dental visit, honesty is always the best policy. When we ask about your oral hygiene habits, we aren’t going to judge you. We use information like whether or not you smoke or how often you floss to better understand your unique health profile, diagnose issues, and prevent future health-related problems.
- Schedule a dental checkup. We would love to see you in the office! Regular dental checkups are so important. Even if you aren’t experiencing any dental issues or discomfort, your dentist will be checking for the early signs of underlying issues such as tooth decay, gum disease, and oral cancers as well as evaluating your airway for signs of sleep-related breathing problems. By visiting us biannually, you’re setting yourself up for better health and a higher quality of life.
- Practice wellness daily. At Bowen Legacy Dental, we understand that dental care isn’t just about brushing and flossing. In the same way that your oral hygiene can impact your overall health, the lifestyle you lead can (and will!) impact your dental health. Exercising, eating balanced meals, and staying hydrated all impact your teeth and gums. For instance, by incorporating exercise into your life, you can improve your cardiovascular health, reduce inflammation in the mouth, and ultimately boost your periodontal health.
- Smile! Taking good care of your teeth is worth celebrating. When you are part of our Bowen Legacy Dental family, you can smile confidently—we love helping you experience total-body wellness and enjoy your healthiest, happiest smile!
We hope you take these dental suggestions to heart and join us in celebrating National Dentist’s Day. And, if you are ready to book your next appointment, call us today.
More Blog Articles...