New Year’s Resolutions for Total Body Wellness
Happy New Year to our Bowen Legacy Dental family! We hope you are enjoying the start of the new decade. If you are looking to make 2020 your healthiest year yet, choose resolutions for your best oral and total body health. Need some inspiration? We’ve collected our top five resolution ideas to help you boost your wellness in the coming year.
- Visit us twice this year. Dental visits are so important for your whole body! Regular cleanings remove plaque and tartar buildup and prevent periodontal disease. Plus, at each visit, Dr. Bowen and Dr. Gehlert will evaluate your airway and screen for concerns like oral cancer and gum disease.
- Drink plenty of water. Water is a “super drink” that improves the way your body and brain function. Staying hydrated prevents dry mouth, keeps you cool, cleanses your body, helps you maintain a healthy weight, and much more. Plus, it’s sugar free, nonacidic, and healthy for teeth. Aim to drink between 8-10 cups of water, or more, a day!
- Improve your sleep. Healthy sleep and nighttime breathing are necessary for people of all ages. If you are suffering from a sleep disorder, or if you suspect that a loved one is struggling with poor sleep, come in for an appointment. You'd be surprised by how transformative a restful night can be for your whole body!
- Choose healthy foods. What you eat has significant impact on your oral and total body health. Inflammatory diets (full of fried, sugary, or processed foods) can lead to worsened periodontal disease, heart disease, tooth decay, and other health concerns. Aim for a low-sugar, low-acid, Mediterranean diet, instead.
- Cut out toxins. We encounter toxins every day—whether through smoking, the pollution we breathe in, or chemical-filled cleaning supplies. At Bowen Legacy Dental, we are proud to use only nontoxic dental materials. This year, we challenge you to cut out as many toxins in your life as you can. Your body will thank you!
We hope these resolution ideas inspire wellness and total body health in the coming year! If you have any questions about dentistry, dental sleep medicine, nutrition, or our commitment to using nontoxic dental materials, we are happy to speak with you more.
If you are ready to kick off your year with a dental appointment, call us today at 614-459-2300. It’s time to make 2020 the year of health!